What can be a better feeling than busting out the old guitar while on a road trip with your friends or family and jamming out to some tunes? Well, for that to happen first you need to get a guitar. Not just any guitar, a travel guitar. If you happen to be planning your next trip and are looking for a guitar to take along on your journey, we curated a list of the top 10 travel guitars you can buy right now.
Be sure to check out: Best Protective Guitar Bags
Top 10 Best Travel Guitars In 2021
10. Cordoba Mini M
Product Description: The Cordoba Mini M is your no-frills ‘get the job done’ guitar. It’s simple with no extra bells and whistles which makes it appealing if you just want something to get you off the ground.
Design and Quality: Come with a solid spruce top made from mahogany side and back that gives it a rich and soothing tune.
- A great finish that can hold the test of time and not cost a fortune.
- The custom string set and the sound quality is also quite impressive on this one as well.
9. Martin LX1E Little Martin
Product Description: When we curate a list for our readers, we make sure that each product in the list creates some value to one of our readers. The Martin LX1E is one such guitar that is meant for someone who is looking for extreme portability.
Design and Quality: The design and build quality of this one is just right. The top is made from solid Sitka spruce and laminated high-pressure mahogany back and sides for a balanced sound signature.
- A great compact and lightweight travel guitar with powerful sound.
- It has a warm satin finish and it’s perfect for traveling.
8. Taylor Guitars BT1
Product Description: Taylor Guitars have always been a trusted brand when it comes to quality acoustic guitars that perform consistently good and are made from high-quality components.
Design and Quality: Coming in a ¾ size dreadnought and the familiar solid Sitka spruce top that can produce good and consistent sound.
- A classic and timeless designed guitar that gets the job done.
- Quality materials and good craftsmanship make this one another great option for many.
7. Traveler Guitar, 6-String Acoustic-Electric
Product Description: If you are looking for something with a little more oomph, then this one is going to be right up your alley. The Traveler Guitar 6 string Electric is a well-made and compact guitar that sounds great and looks great.
Design and Quality: Durably made with a one-piece maple neck and body that can produce great sounds and can produce a sound that is soothing and in tune.
- Perfect for someone who is looking for a strong sound signature in a small and compact body.
- Coming in at only 2 lbs. this one packs quite the punch for its size.
6. Taylor GS Mini
Product Description: Taylor Guitars has made its name producing quality compact guitars with some of the best sound quality around. Right-hand body and made from durable and high-quality wood.
Design and Quality: Solidly built with mahogany back and sides, easily landed this one on our top 10 travel guitars.
- Small and yet packing a big sound, the Taylor GS Mini is some of the best travel guitars around. The matte-finish neck also makes it a joy to play.
Make you sure that you check this out: Best Guitar Accessories
5. Washburn RO10TR Rover
Product Description: Quite the unique body shape for a travel guitar. The Washburn RO10TR Rover is a full size 24” scale guitar that can pump some energy to any trip you take it to.
Design and Quality: With this model, you do not need to worry about sound or build quality. The top is made from solid spruce while the body and neck are made from mahogany.
- Quality geared tuners with great customers’ feedback on Amazon, this Washburn impressed us in every way.
4. Taylor Guitars BT2 Acoustic
Product Description: A classic travel guitar with a clever mix of solid and layered construction for no compromise in sound and with a price that won’t break the bank.
Design and Quality: Made from mahogany for the top, for the best sound quality complimented with a premium fit and finish.
- Comfortable to play 1-11/16 inch neck with natural sides making the BT2 one of Taylor Guitar’s best.
3. Traveler Guitar EG1C BLK V2
Product Description: This might not be the smallest ones out there but the perfect balance of attention to design and sound quality makes it an easy pick for our top 10 traveler guitar picks.
Design and Quality: A classy and chic looking electric guitar that looks premium and stealthy with a black walnut fretboard.
- Built-in E-tuner and headphone jack/amp for a clean and robust sound.
- Pick this one if you want your trips to pack more of a punch.
2. Martin Steel-String Backpacker
Product Description: The size and shape alone make it an easy pick for our list. The Martin backpacker comes in at a 24-scale length and features 15 frets.
Design and Quality: Great sound with a solid spruce top and solid tonewood back and sides for rich and consistent sound.
- The unique contour neck shape and the compact nature of the guitar make it a perfect travel companion.
1. Martin X Series LX
Product Description: Top of the line guitar suitable for every need especially if you want something to help during the jam sessions while traveling.
Design and Quality: Stealthy all-black color finish with quality HPL back and sides.
- Quality guitar and comes with Gotoh nickel-plated tuners.
Our top 10 travel guitar list is designed to make your decision easier and help you to come to a more informed decision. Pick the one that suits your taste and needs from our list and you are good to go.