Headphone amplifiers are what enhances your listening experiences and make you listen to the music to its full potential. While there is a good load of amplifiers to ease up your musical experience, you will have to keep in mind that a good amplifier also requires a good headphone. These amplifiers are generally designed to bypass your device’s internal sound and act as a digital sound card. The amplifier processes audio signals and can boost the sound output if necessary. For your help, we have sorted out a total of ten best portable headphone amplifiers based on their attributes, features, and pricing.
Looking for a headphone to go with your amplifier, you will need a High Fidelity Headphone!!!
Top 10 Best Portable Headphone Amplifiers In 2020
1. AudioQuestDragonFly Cobalt
A very effective performer, this portable headphone amplifier has topped many lists for best headphone amplifiers. Excellent clarity and resolution speak for its impeccable attributes. This one is visually stunning with the USB input availability and an in-built DAC.
- Very convenient considering the attributes
- Compatible with smartphone
- Very clear sound
- Quite expensive considering rival products
2. EarStudio ES100
The first one on the list might take you by surprise, because it’s not one of the well-known brands, and most of the music lovers probably haven’t even heard of it. But it is what it is- a slim, tiny yet powerful device to make sure your musical experience remains top-notch. A single-ended, sleek device with a black body, Bluetooth input, and 2.5mm balanced Output.
- Very reliable Bluetooth connectivity
- The price level is not much and quite justified
- Very lightweight and single-ended
3. NextDrive Spectra X
A very intelligent device that comes with a smart, ultra-slim shape and provides you music to the highest level. The portable headphone amplifier may deem a bit pricey, but good thing don’t come cheap, and this is quite the premium product! This one has a unique cylindrical ultra-slim shape and is very handy and lightweight to use.
- USB type of C type supported
- Can ensure impedance up to 600 ohms
- Provides a 32-bit decoding
4. Fiio A3
To end this list of super-good portable headphone amplifiers, we have another Fiio product. This one is quite inexpensive but highly efficient. It provides crystal clear sound at a relatively low price rate.It comes with a physical high-and-low gain switch, and a shiny black design.
- Compatible with headphones up to 150 ohms
- Battery life runtime is 16 hours
- Harmonic distortion is relatively low
5. Topping NX4
Durability is an important factor for any device you plan to buy, and this one excels in it. With a solid aluminum body and high-end finish, this will be liked by even the super-picky audiophiles. The battery life longevity adds flesh to the durability bit. This one has a very durable aluminum body. Coming with a sleek black color, the device has very powerful hardware packed within.
- Gain switches with onboard bass boost
- Highly durable, good battery life
- Wireless connectivity not available
6. AudioQuestDragonFly Red
If you intend to spend a few more bucks for a super-sophisticated sound and a premium experience, you can go for this one. The visual display, the sound quality- everything is top-notch here. A portable headphone amplifier with a built-in DAC and USB input system, this one is visually stunning. The logo even lights up in different colors while processing different formats.
- A very convenient device with the latest technology
- The sound is natural, sophisticated and subtle
- Compatible with smartphones
- Relatively expensive
You might also in need one of the best Audio Technica Open Ear Headphones
7. Fiio Q5
Here’s the thing. If you want to enjoy the premium experience, they will not come cheap, mostly. You have to spend some buck to get the premium thing, and this portable headphone amplifier provides you with that experience. It might be expensive but is worth every penny.
Attractive slim design with a shiny silver body and a status light that frequently changes color depending on the type of the signal.
- Aptx Bluetooth codec is used here
- Compatible with Apple devices too
- Supports DSD 256 format, a very high-end one
8. Cyrus soundKey
The first thing to keep in mind while going for a portable headphone amplifier should be the budget. Now if you have spent a good few bucks on your headphones, it is only natural that you would want to cut some slacks in the amplifiers budget. We have just the thing for you, in that regard. This amplifier has all the good features of a top-notch product but comes at a very handy price. The amplifier has a USB micro-B input with an in-built DAC
- Very clean, clear and detailed sound
- The device is unobtrusive and compact
- Can handle almost all manners of music files
- Not very compatible with IOS devices
9. SMSL Idea
Another low-budget device with a good lot of features, this one can do things most other portable headphone amplifiers cannot. The volume dynamics, the high rate with 32-bit adds to the already great sound it provides. This device can support sample rates at 32-bits up to a whopping 768 kilohertz.
- Has an octuple-rate Direct Stream Digital playback system
- Very accurate and decent sound at low price
- Harmonic distortion put to the minimum
10. Apogee Groove
Another super-light product on the list. Weighing on around just 9 grams, this is a quite high-end device with a well-crafted interface. The relatively natural response and easy-to-use features make it a good pick for people who can spend a few bucks on amplifiers. Has a 4-DAC per channel feature, very light in weight. The design is classic black with USB ports.
- An excellent pick for phones and computers
- Has a mini USB port
- Very expensive compared to other devices
So this was our list for the ten best portable headphone amplifiers available on the market. Don’t forget your preferences and choose the amplifier that suits you and your surroundings. Happy shopping!