Mandolins are beautiful and versatile instruments that need to be respected. One of the most common mistakes that people do – an especially beginner player is they often feel like it’s not worth the investment to buy a gig bags or a carrying bag. This cannot far be from the truth. A gig bag helps protect your brand-new shiny mandolin and is an investment you won’t regret making. If you think a mandolin gig bag is something you can use, we curated a list of the top 10 mandolin gig bags out there for you. Let’s jump right in!
Maybe you also interested in this: Best Mandolin
Top 10 Best Mandolin Gig Bags In 2021
10. Kaces Pro Universal
Product Description: A great bag to start you off with something that is easy to carry around and has all-around great quality.
Design and Quality: Finely stitched with great attention to detail. The material used is durable and comes with ample padding for great protection.
- A straight-forward no-frills bag that looks great and gets the job done.
9. Gearlux A-Style Hard Case
Product Description: Superior protection for A-style mandolins with great padding and hard case form factor.
Design and Quality: The outer casing is hard-shell complemented by soft padding inside, makes this a great choice for something compact yet provide protection.
- Comes with a locking mechanism with keys included that provides extra theft protection for your brand-new shiny instrument.
8. Travelite TL-45 Deluxe
Product Description: If you find yourself always on the road touring and jumping from gigs to gigs, you might want to check this great case out. It features extra storage and overall a great option from the guys over at Tavelite.
Design and Quality: Interior made from plush velor gives your mandolin commendable protection. It also has a dedicated cavity inside that makes sure your instrument is not sliding around inside the bag while you are out and about.
- Great for travelers, this bag is lightweight and designed for structural rigidity due to the curved top structure.
7. Gator Cases Journeyman Series Deluxe
Product Description: If you want something that looks elegant and just does not provide basic protection for your mandolin, this is the one to get. The mix of color and the level of attention to detail give this case character.
Design and Quality: Incorporating antique grade brass gives this case great rigidity which lends itself greatly to be used as a gig bag and not just as a hard-shell cover.
- Although a bit on the expensive side, this bag is one of the most beautifully crafted we have seen. The combination of the design and durability of the Gator Cases Journeyman made it an easy choice for our top 10 mandolin gig bags list.
6. Puremood Mandolin Bag Soft A & F Style
Product Description: Fits mandolins of the A and F style bodies. Probably not the best-looking mandolin, but this no-frills bag from Purewood gets the job done.
Design and Quality: Quality fabric has been used for the construction of the Puremood bag making it quite the popular options amongst buyers who are looking for a great looking bag at a great price.
- Easy to carry and comes with an adjustable strap making it a great travel companion.
5. LPD Deluxe Thick Padded
Product Description: Maybe not the prettiest bag on this list, but it sure is one of the most durable. The LPD Deluxe Thick Padded is meant to be your durable and heavy-duty bag that provides the best protection for your mandolin.
Design and Quality: Made from thick padded 600 Denier nylon shell that is fully lined with thick ½” padding makes this bag one of the best bags we have seen for superior protection for your mandolin. Great durability and superb protection make this is an easy recommendation.
- Water-resistant for added protection and also comes with handles and straps for ease of carrying around.
4. Pro-Tec CF208E
Product Description: Clever name if you like a bit of a pun in your life. Some of the best stitch quality we have seen with great attention to detail.
Design and Quality: The lining of this bag is non-abrasive that is designed to protect your mandolin from damage. Durable stitching with nylon padding makes this bag an excellent choice.
- Comes with a carrying strap so you can lug this around with ease and comfort.
3. Gator Cases Lightweight Polyfoam
Product Description: Gator products when it comes to mandolin bags are probably some of the best ones you can get out there.
Design and Quality: Durably made with heavy-duty nylon and pristine stitching.
- Lightweight yet durable with carrying straps for easier moving.
2. Gator Cases Pro Go Series Deluxe (ASIN: B00YSYS5YC)
Product Description: One of Gator’s best works so far. All the essentials you might need and then more some.
Design and Quality: Super durable bag with thick padded sidewalls and boasts micro fleecing for the interior.
- Top-notch option from Gator. If you want something reliable and durable that is sure to last you a long time, this is the one to get.
1. ProTour Kentucky ProTour BV-2012 NuHyde (ASIN: B081J7B6HT)
Product Description: One look at this bag and you immediately see why we decided to include this at the top of our list. From the color finish to the material used, this bag screams premium.
Design and Quality: Made from NuHyde gives it a feel of leather and conveniently makes it 5x more durable than your usual mandolin gig bags. The brown finish adds to the overall character as well. The internal padding is non-scratching and provides great protection for your mandolin either.
- Ultra-durable, water, and scruff resistant with premium design to match.
Apart from the obvious benefit of protection a mandolin gig bag provides, they can also make mandolins easier to carry around and add extra storage inside the bag as well. Our list of the top 10 mandolin gig bags is meant to enhance your experience all around.