Instrument cables, also known as guitar cables are the ones that we use to make sure the sound an instrument makes is heard by everyone. While people may seem indifferent when it comes to cables saying “oh, it’s just a cable, nothing else”, cables are very important to produce good sounds. Imagine playing a super-good guitar solo only to be booed by the audience because of bad guitar cables. All that effort goes unnoticed because of a simple error. So, the cables are important. They are essential and if you want to produce good sound for you and the audience, you need to learn to choose the right cables for you. Here are ten top instrument cables for your help:
Be sure to check this: RCA Audio Adapter Cables
Top 10 Best Instrument Cables In 2021
1. Mogami Gold Series Guitar Cable
Product Description: Topping our list is the gold series cable which is so good it comes with a ‘no excuse’ warranty that is a lifetime. The Gold Series Silent, another one from this series even has a silent plug made by Neutrik for advanced performances.
Design and Quality: The core is made of copper. Its cable has a UHD shield and a sub-shield based on polymer.
- PVC layers to stop unwanted noise and microphonic pops
- Comes with a variety of lengths
- A copper conductor that is oxygen-free.
2. D’Addario Planet Waves American Stage Cable
Product Description: The unique thing about this cable is the Geo-Tip plugs patented by Planet Wave’s own. A super-tough and very durable cable for all sorts of performances.
Design and Quality: The cable has a flattened tip and the shield is longer, and it makes sure it is compatible with all kinds of jacks.
- Geo-tip plugs
- Heliofused soldering with an incline connection of 180-degrees.
- Affordable price and quite available
- Not a premium cable, doesn’t have a lot of options for outer jackets
3. George L’s .155 cable
Product Description: Ultra-low capacity, Ultra-high affordability. This cable is famous for being sold in bulks because of musicians custom-made the cables considering their personal choices.
Design and Quality: Solder-less connections with a low diameter cable. The cable is very thin.
- Very lightweight but strong
- Very low capacitance
- A bit too thin for some people
4. Ernie Ball Braided guitar cable
Product Description: A cable specialized for durability, this one is a keeper for you. The mechanics inside this cable ensures that you get that crisp sound of music. The oxygen-free copper as a making provides the icing on the cake.
Design and Quality: Dual shielded and made from oxygen-free copper to ensure durability and resist any kind of corrosion.
- Tangle-resistant system
- The design is completely noise-free
- Very durable.
5. Fender Deluxe Series Instrument Cable
Product Description: Before anything else, the cable looks shiny and attractive, thanks to the connectors that are 24k gold plated. The lifetime warranty and top-notch construction make it a good pick as an instrumental cable.
Design and Quality: A shielding that comes with 95% braided oxygen-free copper, this one has a black or yellow outer jacket too.
- A cable-tie attached to it
- Molded plugs to relieve you of strains
- Comes with various lengths
- Quite expensive.
You might also be interested in our Best Speaker Cables
6. GLS Audio Tweed guitar cable
Product Description: One of the cheapest in the market, this instrument cable is a treat for vintage lovers. The tweed is impressive, and the coiling is smooth. The overall musical experience with this one is astounding.
Design and Quality: This one comes with plastic conductive carbon shields and PVC shields alongside the usual copper shielding.
- Very low capacitance
- The tone is quite bright and smooth
- Quite inexpensive.
7. Evidence Audio Lyric HG guitar cable
Product Description: The names that have used the same guitar cable will amuse you. The likes of David Gilmour and John Mayer used these. And not just that, the meticulously crafted cable is robust and brings about a sweet sound.
Design and Quality: A dual solid core that is made from some of the purest and refined IGN coppers, it also has a strong nylon or rubber structure.
- Very pure signal path.
- Well-crafted cable
- Very, very expensive
- Solid core ensuring long durability.
8. PRS Signature Series guitar cable
Product Description: A handmade cable that is lightweight and brings out heavenly sounds- no wonder bands like Radiohead and Foo Fighters tend to use this cable.
Design and Quality: A low diameter, 25-foot cable with a dual-screened close-lapped copper.
- Excellent bright signals
- A very skinny cable, not for everyone’s use
- Handmade cables are always of premium quality
9. Orange Crush Instrument Cable
Product Description: This one comes from a quite well known and well-reputed amp giant. They are known for using well-graded copper that is oxygen-free and multiple layers of shielding for protection and durability. This device is no different, for it has a heat-shrinkable sleeve for extra protection, too.
Design and Quality: The cable has ¼ inch jacks made of nickel plates which is useful for corrosion resistance. Bright orange color makes sure nobody loses sight of the cable on stage.
- Very high-quality components added
- Has a wide variety of ranges
- May seem a bit too bright for some
- Multiple layers of shielding for extra protection.
10. SpectraFlex N-Flex guitar cable
Product Description: Neutrik plugs are a massive plus whenever you plan to go for any kind of cable. The same goes for instrumental cables, and this one has that feature. Add the strength of nylon braiding with it, and we have a very good cable at our hand to finish this list. The availability of sizes and braids are another plus point for this.
Design and Quality: The best feature about the designing of this cable is that you can get them for any lengths between 1-50 feet and any design or color of nylon you want.
- The Neutrik plugs are very efficient
- Full-on C-PVC shielding ensures zero microphone interference
- You get a lot of options to choose from
- The capacitance is yet untested and unconfirmed.
So this is our list for the ten best instrumental cables that are available on the market. I hope this list was of help to you. Choose your preferred cable and don’t stop the music!