A guitar humidifier is a device that helps to stop the wood of the instrument from potential damage through warping, shrinking, cracking or drying out. Humidifiers reflect smart innovative solutions through a very simplified approach. Below, you can find a detailed analysis of the guitar humidifiers available for use:
You may also like: Guitar Picks and Holders
Top 10 Best Humidifiers For Guitars In 2020
10. Jumbo Musik Tent
Product Description: The Jumbo Musik Tent bids you to say goodbye to your typical case, soundhole and room Humidifiers. The Musik Tent holds 4 full-size guitars inside an unframed clear enclosure.
Design and Quality: The enclosure is transparent yet strong and impenetrable. It can be mounted on walls, ceilings, doors, or even closets if the owner wishes to store the instruments away from the naked eye.
- Enclosure (made from PEVA)
- Water reservoir
- Multiple instruments can be stored at the same time
- Feasible for artists who travel.
Product Description: If you are looking for a natural product that will naturally humidify your guitar, the Herco HE360 from Herco is the product for you.
Design and Quality: The humidifier utilizes a natural clay blend and this convenient product helps provide vital humidity, preventing your guitars from drying out and cracking;
- Natural product
- Safe and easy to handle
- Extremely affordable
- Long shelf life
- Prevents drying out and cracking.
8. Oasis HH Combo OH-30
Product Description: The Oasis HH combo comprises a combination of a humidifier and a hygrometer within one product.
Design and Quality: Beneath the display of the hygrometer that shows the exact humidity around its environment, there is a compartment attached to it that holds the sponge.
- A sponge that can easily be replaced when it wears out
- Humidification settings can be adjusted
- Allows for user to re-calibrate the hygrometer
- Convenient to use.
7. Oasis OH-5 Plus+
Product Description: The design of the product revolved specifically around addressing the coping capabilities that are required of the instrument.
Design and Quality: Recommended for use if humidity is below 25%. Has the same compact size, but manages to address tough humidity conditions that the previous model could not meet and may, therefore, require more frequent refilling.
- Visible levels that indicate the need for a refill
- Two levels of leak protection stabilized to ensure that water never touches the body of your Instrument
- High humidification capacity
- Made of a special material that provides 50% more humidity output
- Meets the extreme requirements of the environment.
6. OH-6 from Oasis
Product Description: OH-6 from Oasis is a successor of the Oasis humidifier that was of soundhole blue. It maintains the convenience of being easily removed and reattached.
Design and Quality: Oasis developed a design that provided 2 methods that met the needs to find a safer way of attaching the humidifier to the case. It can be used to provide humidification for other instruments as well.
- Visible measures for when a refill is needed
- Long-lasting humidification
- Won’t leak if overfilled; due to the two levels of leak protection design
- Compact size, skinny cylindrical shape
- Comes with a syringe for easy control overfilling and refilling.
For more guitar maintenance products, you might also in need of Polish And Cleaner
Product Description: While other systems only maintain humidity levels, the Dampit will not only maintain humidity levels but will also raise them under dry conditions.
Design and Quality: The design includes a special open-cell sponge is enclosed by a soft rubber sleeve. Made of superior material which gives the product a trusted reputation among musicians all over the world.
- Comes with its own humidity gauge
- Extremely easy to use
- Can be used while playing, no tonal loss will occur
- Affordable in terms of cost
- Long-lasting service.
4. Music Nomad MN306
Product Description: The MN306 premium humidity care system combines a humitar and a HumiReader. It safely releases moisture evenly to eliminate problems of, shrinking, warping or cracking.
Design and Quality: It has exceptionally accurate sensors that can monitor environments within or outside your string instruments, and gives you accurate humidity and temperature readings on its LCD display.
- Low maintenance and reusable sponge
- Anti-drip, no mess material
- A sponge has a high water retention capacity
- Securely hangs from strings
- Can be used for other instruments
- Visual readings are available.
Product Description: The Lifeguard from Kyser is an investment that preserves the wood on your instrument by keeping the surrounding environmental conditions at proper humidity.
Design and Quality: To use, the humidifier should be immersed in water and then positioned within the soundhole of your guitar. These guitar humidifiers are quite affordable and are available in 2 different sizes to accommodate all parlor guitars.
- Prevents wood from drying out and cracking
- Fits soundholes ranging from 3-3/8” to 3-3/4”
- Easy to use
- Compact and affordable price.
2. D’Addario Acoustic Guitar Humidifier (ASIN: B0002D0COE)
Product Description: D’Addario Acoustic Guitar Soundhole Humidifier enables you with the capability to properly and safely humidify your guitar in order to maintain the stability and playability of your instrument.
Design and Quality: The humidifier has a non-drip design that releases moisture evenly and slowly preventing it from drying out.
- Soundhole suspended guitar humidifier
- Never touches the body of the instrument
- Sponge Style Humidifier
- Safe for all acoustic guitars
- Reusable and refillable.
1. D’Addario Humidipak
Product Description: The D ‘Addario Humidipak is the latest in a maintenance-free, two-way humidity control system that technology has to offer.
Design and Quality: The humidipak automatically maintains the optimal 45-50% relative humidity level within your instruments’ case.
- Revitalizes extremely dry guitars and cases
- Restores humidity quickly and safely
- Reverse osmosis mechanism
These are the very best guitar humidifiers that are affordable. Your dearly beloved instrument deserves the best and so do you. Take any one of the above out for a spin. Hope our list of the best guitar humidifiers will be of help to you!