You have a good pair of audiophile headphones, they produce amazing sounds. But you’re still not satisfied, because you want to experience every single bit of performance from the quality headphones. To do this, you are going to need a good headphone amplifier too. As technology advances, we get better and even better products, so the list of good headphone amplifiers is ever-changing. But keeping the pointers into mind, we have figured out a list of ten best headphone amplifiers in the world.
Want to get the best out of your headphone amplifier then you will need a Closed-Back Headphone
Top 10 Best Headphone Amplifiers In 2021
1. Cyrus soundKey
The first thing to keep in mind while going for a headphone amplifier should be the budget. Now if you have spent a good few bucks on your headphones, it is only natural that you would want to cut some slacks in the amplifiers budget. We have just the thing for you, in that regard. This amplifier has all the good features of a top-notch product but comes at a very handy price. The amplifier has a USB micro-B input with an in-built DAC
- Very clean, clear and detailed sound
- The device is unobtrusive and compact
- Can handle almost all manners of music files
- Not very compatible with IOS devices
2. Chord Mojo
This is something we can call a ‘pocket rocket’. Small in size, in fact so small that even a credit card would deem larger- but it has all the features a good headphone amplifier requires. The device is built for a lot of connections like 3.5mm jack, micro-USB, and optical connections
- Gives a rhythmic boost and drive
- Dynamic and subtle sound
- Can get heated up easily
- Very well made structure
3. AudioQuestDragonFly Cobalt
A very effective performer, this device has topped many lists for best headphone amplifiers. Excellent clarity and resolution speak for its impeccable attributes. This one is visually stunning with the USB input availability and an in-built DAC.
- Very convenient considering the attributes
- Compatible with smartphone
- Very clear sound
- Quite expensive considering rival products
4. Schiit Audio Magni 3
This one would compete with other headphone amplifiers for the number one spot, if only it had the in-built DAC. Yes, this weirdly named device has excellent attributes all along, only lacking in that DAC division. The device has a rectangular shape with sharp metallic looks. It prefers RCA and hi/lo gain inputs.
- Affordable and very user-friendly
- Smooth and balanced sound
- Not applicable for people used to DAC features
5. AudioQuestDragonFly Red
If you intend to spend a few more bucks for a super-sophisticated sound and a premium experience, you can go for this one. The visual display, the sound quality- everything is top-notch here. An amplifier with a built-in DAC and USB input system, this one is visually stunning. The logo even lights up in different colors while processing different formats.
- A very convenient device with the latest technology
- The sound is natural, sophisticated and subtle
- Compatible with smartphones
- Relatively expensive
6. Chord Hugo 2
If you have a pretty big budget, and you want the absolute premium experience, you should go for this mega amplifier. Mega, because it’s quite big, heavier and pricier than most other similar devices. But trust me, it’s worth every penny. The device is quite big and has quite confusing colors. It has micro USB, Bluetooth, coaxial and optical inputs.
- Plenty of input connections, all colored differently
- Premium quality dynamic, detailed, and punchy sound
- Not a very portable headphone amplifier
Audio technica is one of the best brand, you might need one of their best open ear back headphone!!!
7. Audiolab M-DAC+
First things first- this is no portable device. If you are looking for small amplifiers to carry around in your pocket, you better skip this one. If you’re looking for a decent home-headphone experience with smooth, rhythmic music then read the features too! This one is a quite heavy amplifier with USB and 3.5mm inputs.
- The specifications are pretty extensive
- Good strong structure and fine building
- Solid outlay that provides premium quality sound
8. iFi xDSD
If you want a versatile, smart and efficient headphone amplifier with good battery life- this is your pick. It has a wide range of inputs from Bluetooth to optical ones.
- Supports hi-resolution files
- Smooth sound with balanced detailing
- Clean and organized sound system, but not quite precise
9. Naim DAC-V1
Another big guy in action here. Another skip for the portable amplifier-seekers, another must-see for those who want home microphone services. A device with in-built DAC and coaxial, USB and optical input systems
- A good amount of bite and precision included
- Strong low end and a balanced treble
- Very rhythmic sound
10. Chord Hugo TT2
The list containing a total of three Chord products kind of proves who is the leader when it comes to devices like headphone amplifiers. Yes, Chord has once again proved its prowess with this one. The device might seem a bit heavy, but the performances make the price and weight worth it. Spectacular sound quality and extensive range of formats add icing on the cake here.
This one has double optical and double coaxial digital inputs with the usual Bluetooth and USB options. The design is unique and it comes with in-built DAC.
- The excellent building of the structure
- The articulation is wonderful
- A detailed and dynamic sound.
So this is our list for the best headphone amplifiers. Best of luck with your shopping!