If you are a guitar technician, you know how important a guitar maintenance toolkit can be. If you are a serious guitar player, especially if you play something like an electric guitar or bass, you should have one too because you cannot always rely on a guitar technician. A string of your electric guitar of a tremolo system can break, or you might even want to adjust the action of the neck. In this case, you need the proper toolkit to adjust your guitar. So, we made a list of the top 10 guitar repairing and maintenance kits to help you choose the best one for you.
You might also be interested in: Best Accessories For Your Guitar
Top 10 Best Guitar Repairing And Maintenance Kits
10. Dunlop Guitar Maintenance Kit
Product and Description: This is one of the best tool kits to maintain your guitar. It’s a complete package. This toolkit contains everything that you for guitar maintenance purposes.
- The kit contains different formulas to take care of individual parts of your guitar.
- It contains a deep conditioning oil, a fingerboard cleaner, string conditioner, body gloss cream and polish, a microfiber polishing cloth, and two cotton cloth.
- This kit is capable of restoring your guitar to brand new showroom condition.
9. MusicNomad Premium Work Mat
Product and Description: To do any sort of repairing work or any maintenance work, you need to put your guitar on a proper surface. The MusicNomad Premium Work Mat is what you are looking for.
- The Music Nomad Premium Work Mat is built with high-performance TPE material.
- It is large enough to cover your entire guitar.
- The surface is grippy and anti-static as well.
- Your guitar will stay locked in the same place if you put your guitar on it.
8. Eklind Standard Long Ball Hex Key Set
Product and Description: If you own a guitar, you need a set of hexes. Hex is essential for adjusting the action of your guitar.
- This Guitar Repairing and Maintenance kit contains 5 different sizes of hex which will be enough to adjust the truss rod or other guitar maintenance or repair purposes.
- The hexes are L shaped, having a ball profile on the long arm.
- These are strong enough and capable enough to handle a strong amount of force.
- The kit includes a decent holder where you can store the hexes after you are done using it.
7. Ibanez MTZ11 Multi-Tool
Product and Description: If you like to travel around with your guitar for gigs or just fun, carrying individual tools is quite travel friendly. The Ibanez MTZ11 Multi-Tool is the perfect tool for you.
- This is a handy and compact tool that you can carry around in your pocket.
- You can even put it in your gig bag and forget about it.
- It is designed in a way that you can easily access any tool without any hassle.
- The Ibanez MTZ11 Multi-Tool contains 11 different essential tools for your guitar which will come in handy.
6. Dunlop Neck Cradle Station
Product and Description: Sometimes, during maintenance, you need to lift the neck of your guitar. Supporting your guitar on anything random isn’t recommended because your guitar can fall off which can cause permanent damage to your guitar. So, the Dunlop Neck Cradle Station is what you need here.
- The Dunlop Neck Cradle Station is designed specially to make sure your guitar stays securely in place during repair and maintenance. It is adjustable and strong enough to hold your guitar even it is heavy.
- The neck support is wide enough to support any type of guitar neck.
You might also in need of Best Acoustic Guitar Amplifier
5. Son Strummer Luthier Tool Set
Product and Description: The Son Strummer Luthier Tool Set is a great pick for professional luthiers. It offers a wide variety of tools.
- The toolset includes 9 different stainless-steel understanding radius gauges, a pin puller keychain, a string action gauge ruler, and 2 stainless steel fret protectors. With this tool, you can take accurate measures that are essential for guitar repairing.
- The tools included in the set is very strong and durable; you don’t need to worry about them getting stained or even breaking while working.
4. StewMac Guitar Tech Screwdriver and Wrench Set
Product and Description: If you want a full-fledged package of guitar repairing and maintenance tools, the StewMac Guitar Tech Screwdriver and Wrench Set is what you are looking for.
- The set includes 36 essential pieces of tools that you will ever need for any guitar.
- It contains 6 Philips bits, 11 Allen bits, 11 flat-blade bits, a captured bit, an Adapter for 1/4″ sockets, a mini wire brush, an awl point, hardened screw starters, and more.
- All of these tools and tool bits are stored and organized on a decent spill-proof toolbox.
3. GIGmate Guitar Tool Kit and String Organizer
Product and Description: If you own a Fender or a Squire, the GIGmate Guitar Tool Kit and String Organizer will be the perfect toolkit for you.
- Changing strings sometimes can be very stressful. The GIGmate Guitar Tool Kit and String Organizer make it quite easy. It includes a carbon string cutter that can cut through strings like butter. There are other necessary tools for maintaining purpose.
- These tools are stored and organized in a decent fabric case.
2. Elgon Guitar Pro-Care Cleaner Kit Plus
Product and Description: The Elgon Guitar Pro-Care Cleaner Kit Plus is the perfect toolset for every type of guitar player to maintain their guitar.
- This Guitar Repairing and Maintenance kit contains a guitar polish, a polishing cloth, a string cleaner, a lubricant stick, a screwdriver with different sized heads, a brush, picks, string cutters, an action ruler, and other necessary stuff for maintenance of your guitar.
- It even contains necessary guitar accessories like picks, capo, and a tuner as well.
1. MusicNomad MMN229 Guitar Tech Screwdrivers and Wrench Set
Product and Description: If you are a professional and an expert on repairing a guitar and hardware, this is what you are looking for.
- This is the best screwdriver and wrench set for guitars.
- It contains every type of screwdriver bit, so you will be able to tighten or loosen any type of guitar parts with it.
- You can use this set for other purposes as well besides repairing a guitar.
- It is also lightweight and compact enough to fit in a gigbag.
These are some of the best Guitar Repairing and Maintenance kits out there. Choose the best one according to your need and budget. Keep in mind that a guitar toolkit will always come in handy.