Best Drum Boxes Review In 2022 | Portable and Cleanliness
The Drum Boxes, also known as Cajón, originated in Peru towards the end of the 16th Century. It was engineered by African slaves who had limited access to proper musical instruments of that period. Nowadays, the drum box is mostly used in Latin and folk music. Even with its simplistic construction, the box drum is recognized for its versatility and unique percussion sounds. In this article, we explore some of the top drum boxes available in the market.
Be sure to check out: Drum Machines Review
Best Drum Boxes Review In 2022 | Portable and Cleanliness
10. Moukey DCD-1 Cajón Drum Boxes
Product Description: The Moukey DCD-1 drum box is a fantastic option for beginners, and it is often compared to Pyle’s amazing lineup of cajón. The drum box is much larger than most other drum boxes in the market and provides ample space for experimentation.
Design and Quality: Constructed entirely from birch wood, the Moukey DCD-1 is quite robust and feels great to play. Four guitar strings have been mounted inside the drum box to imitate realistic snare sounds.
- The drum box can maintain a natural sound profile due to its sizable soundhole. You will be able to adjust the strings to generate an altered tune.
9. LP Americana Groove Wire Cajon LP1427
Product Description: Manufactured in the US, the LP Americana Groove is a full-sized drum box that has obtained a following for its remarkable sound and excellent build quality. Users have praised its well-balanced tones that are equally detailed.
Design and Quality: The LP Americana Groove is built from birch wood and is known for being extremely durable.
- Strings have been placed inside the drum box to make the vibrations more prominent. It has a height of roughly 18.5-inch, leaving enough room for trying out a variety of playing methods.
8. Joy 101 Pad Series Cajon Drum Boxes
Product Description: Unlike traditional drum boxes, the Joy 101 comes in the shape of a pad.
Design and Quality: The Joy 101 is nearly as thin as an A4 size paper. It is a great option for frequent travelers, as this drum box is well-known for its transportability.
- A snare has been fitted into the Joy 101 for expanding its sound profile. Despite its small stature, the drum box can generate a plethora of unique sounds and is a budget-friendly option.
7. Sawtooth ST-CJ120B Cajon Drum Boxes
Product Description: The Sawtooth ST-CJ120B is revered for its diverse set of features and offers great bang for the buck. Its overall height of around 20 inches ensures adequate surface area for suiting different play styles.
Design and Quality: Similar to many other affordable drum boxes, the Sawtooth ST-CJ120B has sturdy birch wood construction.
- It has a padded top for providing users adequate comfort for long playing sessions. The snare strings can be configured with less difficulty.
6. Meinl Percussion Jam Cajon
Product Description: Although Meinl is primarily known for manufacturing high-quality cymbals, they have recently dabbled into the world of cajón. The Meinl Percussion Jam Cajon is one of the cheaper drum boxes in the market and has been praised for its reliability and functionality.
Design and Quality: The drum box is astonishingly light and weighs 5 pounds. Its 15-inch height leaves enough room for freely playing the instrument.
- The front plate of the drum box can be adjusted using a screwdriver. On top of that, the bass notes are quite audible and deep.
5. Roland EC-10 Electronic Cajón
Product Description: With Roland’s solid reputation, it does not come as a surprise their drum box will be hugely successful. However, what truly set’s EC-10 apart is it’s embedded electronics.
Design and Quality: The EC-10 retains the shape of a standard drum box, but its hybrid technology greatly expands its tonal quality.
- You will be able to connect the drum box to a PA system. The drum box can imitate and mix the sounds of tambourines, shakers, and acoustic drums.
You might also want to check this out: Boomboxes | Back To The ’90s
4. Schlagwerk CP404
Product Description: On top of being visually stunning, the Schlagwerk CP404 is well-recognized for its impressive build quality and premium feel.
Design and Quality: The drum box has been built from eight plies of superior quality birch and is widely known for its durable construction.
- There are roughly 40 snare strings inside the drum box that can be easily removed.
3. Pyle PCJD18 String Cajon
Product Description: If you are looking for top-end handcrafted drum boxes, make sure to check out the Pyle PCJD18 String Cajon.
Design and Quality: The Pyle PCJD18 is well-known for its sturdy construction, with strings that can be smoothly adjusted without difficulty.
- A hex key is provided with the package for tuning the internal strings. The drum box has obtained massive acclaim for its artistic style and smooth finish.
2. A Tempo Percussion Peruvian Classic Cajon
Product Description: Not only is the Tempo Percussion Peruvian Classic Cajon one of the best-looking drum boxes out there, but it has also been highly regarded for its varied tones and reliability.
Design and Quality: Users have applauded the solid build of the drum box, and it looks spectacular as well. Other than that, the drum box is portable due to its low overall weight.
- The drum box comes with a neat carrying pouch.
1. Meinl Jumbo Bass Subwoofer Cajon SUBCAJ5WN
Product Description: Just like its name suggests, the Meinl Jumbo Bass Subwoofer Cajon is enormous and offers users plenty of area for generating distinctive percussion sounds.
Design and Quality: Crafted from top-quality walnut tonewood, the drum box is robust and has great longevity. The resonance of this instrument is excellent, and the wood-grain finish is truly marvelous.
- Snare sets have been housed inside the drum box. Moreover, the top is slip-resistant, making it very comfortable for extended play sessions. It uses the same mechanism as a subwoofer to maintain pounding bass.
Check this out:
Drum boxes are unique musical instruments that produce a wide array of beats. They are available at different price points, based on the quality of the material and overall tonal response. You should purchase one that sounds best to your ears and fits your budget.