How to Choose the Right Pair of Headphones for You?
How to Choose the Right Pair of Headphones for You?
Choosing the right pair of headphones may seem impossible on the first try. We discussed a few ways you can find your best match. Keeping these facts in mind will help you filter out unfit options for you. You may even find out which types you like the best. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started!
Common features you should look for:
No matter what brand, type, or style you choose, always look for these features.
- Guarantee, warranty: There is no telling when your headphone might collapse. It’s wise to buy one with a full warranty and guarantee that it is possible to get a refund.
- Sound quality: Choose a headphone with a bigger diameter for better sound quality. Go for low-frequency or headphones that support low frequency, higher electrical resistance, and strong wire. Read more on How Driver Size Affects Headphones Quality
- Apparatus: Prioritize headphones that provide all the necessary items like charging cables, aux cables, extra earbuds, case, and manual.
- Authenticity: Buy your electronics from authentic shops. For security, look for q.r codes, holograms, or seals to ensure the product isn’t second-hand or fake.
- Compatibility: This is very important as you’ll fail to connect your headphone in case it’s not compatible with your device.
Also, ask yourself these questions before buying:
What kind of headphones are you into?
Are you flexible with headphones or just unsure about which serves the best purpose? There are a few different kinds of headphones in shops based on connection and style. Let’s get to know all about them.
Based on the design:
- Over-ear headphones: These are headphones that will stick to your head and ears with a U-shaped band and cups. Great for people aiming for high-quality audio. They can be wireless too. Wireless ones like Bose provide a noise-canceling experience.
- On-ear headphones: Most music enthusiasts buy this for their everyday entertainment. They are not as heavy as over-ear headphones. If you avoid on-ear headphones for their bulkiness, then on-ear can be the right option. Wireless on-ears are even better for moving around and hand in your neck.
- In-ear headphones: In-ear headphones are common. But people choose them for gaming and entertainment purposes because high-quality in-ear headphones are cheaper than high-quality over-ear, on-ear headphones. People looking for a good quality but lacks budget can go for an in-ear headphone.
- Neckband headphones are in-ear headphones with short wires that can rest on your neck and nape. Neckbands are wireless. Enables great flexibility. Unlike earbuds, you won’t lose them.
- Ear-buds: Wireless in-ear headphones. They are my personal favorite but don’t expect much as they have a low life expectancy.
- Closed-back headphones: These over-ear headphones provide the best noise-cancellation.
- Open-back headphones: It’s for those who want their music as if they are listening to speakers. An excellent option for music mixing and mastering. People who don’t mind their music leaking out can go for these.
Is brand important to you?
Naturally, we got high hopes for branded products. Branded products are true of good quality and provide a warranty, guarantee, and service. You’ll get tons of reviews on branded products as they are popular. If price isn’t a problem for you, you are open to trying different brands. But if you got a short budget, then aim for both reasonable brands and have good quality. I don’t believe in brands often. I believe in quality and longevity. Not always are branded products the right fit for everyone.
What’s your budget?
Budget can restrict a lot of better opportunities. How much are you willing to pay for the right pair of headphones? If you have a short budget, then lookup for the best Right Pair of Headphones within your range. Sad but confirmed that it’s hard to get a great pair within a limited budget, but sometimes it isn’t true. I have a pair of wired in-ear headphones and they are the cheapest. The sound quality isn’t the best but I’m using it for over 1 year! I’ve also used pricey ones but they didn’t last more than 1 month. So it doesn’t necessarily mean high price equals good quality.
What’s your purpose?
What are you getting new headphones for? Is it for work purposes or for more professional usage? Then over-ear wired headphones might be an excellent choice for you as they enable excellent sound quality, noise cancellation, and noise isolation. They can be a bit pricey but run a long way, depending on brands.
If your focus is entertainment, like listening to music or watching movies, you can choose any headphones. But if you are sensitive about sound quality, go for prominent brands.
If you can’t work out without your favorite music, wireless ones should be a great option for you. Wireless on-ear and over-ear headphones are great, but they’ll sweat as the pads are made of leather. Wireless headphones are perfect for moving flexibly. I recently got wireless in-ear headphones, and the gym can’t get better than this!
Are you comfortable?
Comfort is a very personal issue. Like the choice of sandals and dresses, headphone comfort also varies. There is only one way to know: to wear it.
Factors that affect your comfort:
- The size: Your head shape is important if you’re going for over-ear and on-ear headphones. Choosing either bigger or smaller than your size is responsible for discomfort.
- The material: If the material is more plastic, you may feel discomfort. The pads of over-ear and on-ear headphones should be cushiony to avoid bruising of the ears. In-ear headphone without rubbery earbuds is my favorite more than those with plastic ends.
- Weight: Different materials add up to weights. Whether you can carry it easily, wear it for a long time, or not depends on weight. So be mindful about weight as well.
Make up your mind that you can’t get all the good features in one. It’s true for anything as nothing is perfect. We try our best to find the one that’s perfect for us. The one with bearable cons. Nothing wrong with getting an unpopular item if it works for you. There is also no shame in spending a bit more money to get the best.