Best Cheap Bass Guitars Review In 2022
If you want to ace those bass lines in your favorite song, it’s time to get a bass guitar and add it to your collection.
Once you’ve played an acoustic guitar and you’re familiar with the chords, it’s quite easy to master the bass since there is more than one way to play it. It gives you plenty of room to try out new techniques and settle on a style that calls out your name.
Take a look at our top favorite bass guitars and see what suits you best.
You might want to check out: Best Cheap Electric Basses Review
Best Cheap Bass Guitars Review In 2022
10. Danelectro Longhorn Bass Guitar
Product Description: If you’re looking for a short scale bass with deeply sloped double cutaways, this longhorn bass by Danelectro is perfect for you. It won’t be heavy on your pocket and you’ll get a nice bass that you can flaunt anywhere.
Design and quality: It’s uniquely stacked tone/volume knobs and premium headstock design come together to produce a good bass for your music. This is a budget-friendly recreation of the original Danelectro 4-string bass guitar.
- It comes with a protective case.
- Masonite and Poplar wood body. You can intonate its rosewood saddle.
- You can adjust the maple neck at its headstock.
9. Ibanez GSRM20BWNF Bass Guitar
Product description: This well-made bass guitar may come at an affordable price but it can topple many high-end bass guitars with its excellent bass and technology. This guitar will do wonders and you’ll have so much fun playing short-scale bass.
Design and quality: It’s 28.6″ short-scale is very comfortable to play. You wouldn’t want to play another 34″ bass once you get used to this one. You can play it right out of the box and. It has a slim neck too. So, these Cheap Bass Guitars are perfect for people with small hands!
- The included round wound strings sound scratchy and metallic. You might need to replace them with flat wound strings.
- Flawless finish and compact body.
- Adjustment screws on the bridge for individual intonation of all four strings.
8. Gretsch G2220 Junior Jet Bass
Product description: This can be the guitar you start with when you enter the world of bass. It’s four strings ring true and the short-scale gives a comfortable feel.
Design and quality: It has a rosewood fingerboard and double coil mini pick-ups. You can play it right out of the box and. If you think the action is too loud, you can lower it by adding flat wounds.
- Twenty medium length jumbo frets.
- It doesn’t come with a gig bag.
- Basswood top and back.
7. Ibanez Talman TMB100
Product Description: If you’re looking for decent features to try out musical genres like rock, jazz, country, and pop, then this bass guitar is sure to have you covered without costing a fortune.
Design and quality: Its poplar body and maple fingerboard make it easy to play for hours on end. It has a slim neck too; perfect for people with small hands!
- Ibanez active two-band equalizer provides great tonal versatility.
- The twenty-fretted slim neck gives a vintage touch.
- Traditional PJ pickup layout.
6. Sterling by Music Man StingRay Ray4
Product description: These Cheap Bass Guitars look iconic and have wonderful tones to take your bass game to the next level.
Design and quality: You can control volume, bass, and treble with its active two-band preamp. Its maple fretboard and neck provide comfortable playability.
- Available in many spectacular colors.
- Noise-free, single Humbucker pickup.
- Its basswood body doesn’t feel heavy.
5. Sterling by Music Man Ray35HH
Product description: Its unique style and comfortable shape will help you keep your audience grooving to your music for hours.
Design and quality: Enjoy superior tonal versatility with the promise of signature StingRay sound with this well-priced bass guitar.
- Available in three colors- Pearl White, Daphne Blue, and Stealth Black.
- Roasted Maplewood neck and mahogany body.
- Two Alnico humbuckers alongside a five-way switch and three-band preamp.
4. Squier by Fender 60’s Precision Bass
Product Description: If you draw your inspiration from 60’s music, you might as well get this bass guitar that displays the classic 60’s style.
Design and quality: It has a traditional look completed by period-appropriate color and a tinted glossy neck. Its hardware is nickel-plated and the bridge is vintage-style.
- The string spacing is adjustable with four threaded saddles.
- C-shaped cutaway for enjoyable playing.
- Split coil alnico pickup.
3. Squier by Fender Bronco Bass
Product Description: Add a touch of class to your musical journey with this top-grade bass guitar at a price that’s well within your reach.
Design and quality: Want to enjoy a vintage feel when you’re playing the bass? Its neck profile is of classic C-shape to get you comfortable with many playing styles.
2. Yamaha TRBX305 Bass Guitar
Product Description: If you’re going for versatile playability, this one by Yamaha provides that comfort like no other. You can try many genres, and this bass will leave you amazed.
Design and quality: A contoured modern body and powerful electronics come together to make this 5-string bass guitar a perfect choice. You can pick one from five magnificent options that look equally iconic.
- Reduced overtones and good tuning stability.
- 5 preset curves on the EQ circuitry; 2-band active master equalization.
- Ceramic YGD M3 pickups.
1. Squier Affinity PJ Bass Guitar
Product Description: Enjoy a three-month free subscription to Fender Play- an online guitar learning platform to hone your bass expertise with this premium guitar from Fender’s Squier Affinity series. This is a guitar that will make a statement.
Design and quality: The neck feels comfortable and looks elegant with its sleek C-shaped build and lustrous finish. J Bass and P Bass pickups boost this bass with superior tonal versatility.
- 3-band equalizer and an 8″ Fender special speaker.
- It comes with a gig bag and guitar strap.
- 10″ cable and Rumble bass amplifier.
Our top ten Cheap Bass Guitars are sure to give you the experience of a lifetime. So, get one right away!