Top 10 Adjustable In-Line Attenuators In 2022
A common problem for audiophiles can be stated as the excess gain in the sound system. To be clearer has this ever happened to you that you put that volume control at 8 o’clock and it isn’t loud enough, and when you put it on at 9 o’clock the sound is way too loud. There are no in-betweens, and you don’t get the comfortable sound you’re looking for. The situation worsens when it comes to lower volumes. Truth be told, there aren’t a lot of adjustable in-line attenuators available on the market, but we have figured out the 10 best attenuators that will make sure your sound experience remains as amazing as it should be.
You might also need a MIDI Interface!!!
Top 10 Adjustable In-Line Attenuators In 2022
1. Redcloud 8810U8ERS
This is by far the most user-friendly and user-favored device available on the market. A rock-solid attenuator, this one can provide a total of 32 channel attenuation. A very available device, it is compatible with most devices. A Little Labs production, it is an 8-channel balanced device that can be rack mounted on.
- Very compatible and can be patched anywhere
- Provides 5k balanced stereo service
- Is possible to have 32 channels in a single unit rack space
2. Rothwell In-Line Attenuator
These attenuators are pretty unique in the sense that the company claims these aren’t just resistors; they are far more than that. The devices can attenuate the sound transparently and effectively. The attenuator provides 10dB attenuation through its series and shunt procedure.
- Once used, the sounds change to a softer, more smooth, and decent version.
- Removes the overload of sounds
- The details of the sound are lost when connected
3. JOYO Jackman-II (JCM800) BanTamp XL Series Mini
Here comes an attenuator of Joyo Jackman-II that offers a channel switching footswitch featuring 6 knobs in one package. Users can control 2 channels and you can either choose the clean volume or increase the tone to match your music style. Users can also practice quietly with this attenuator by using the built-in headphone and matching it with its speaker.
- Brand: Joyo
- Compatible device: Guitar
- Output wattage: 20 Watts
- Dimensions: 6.42 x 4.33 x 5.51 inches
4. Hosa ATT-448 Input Attenuator, XLR3F to XLR3M
This small equipment is an input attenuator used with XLR3F to XLR3M. Users can use this adaptor to add attenuation to their existing microphone. It helps manage and control your voice during public speaking, karaoke, or other events to be very ideal for your preference.
- Connector type: XLR
- Cable type: XLR
- Brand: HOSA
- Connector gender: Male
5. Mackie Big Knob Series, Passive 2×2 Studio
If your dream is to build a sound studio then getting this Mackie Big Knob sound controller is like a gift to your studio. The benefit of using this monitor sound helps to transform your normal studio into a professional sound studio. This Big Knob studio monitor controller is designed to offer you a high resolution that is up to 192 kHz and delivers up to 60 dB of grand range as well.
- Size: Passive 2*2
- Style: Controller
- Color: Black
- Brand: Big Knob
- Resolution is up to 192 Khz
You might also in need of Cheap And Small Bass Guitar Combo Amp
6. ATX Networks PPFAM In-Line Attenuator Pad – 3db
This is a relatively smaller, 3db capable adjustable in-line attenuator. The ranges are smaller but work pretty well within their limits. The resistors are the etched glazed type with a spring steel center of 22-gauge. The brass is nickel-plated.
- The tolerance components are only 1%
- Reduces the RF signal strength for reducing intermodulation
- 3-20 dB attenuation values
7. Channel Plus 2503-10 3dB Inline Attenuators
These are small in-line attenuators that can be inserted into coaxial cable feeds for reducing the signal level of amplitude. This is a better and permanent solution for attenuations. Small 3dB attenuators that can be put inside cable feeds to ensure comfortable sound.
- Can reduce the signal strength to 3dB
- F-barrel type connector
- It provides a permanent solution over other variable attenuators.
8. Shure A15AS Switchable Attenuator
The device is specialized in reducing levels of high-output microphones. When it comes to high-end microphones with powerful recordings, overloading is pretty common. This attenuator can make sure that doesn’t happen. The device can pass phantom power, and comes with a sleek black and handy look.
- Can reduce the line-level signal of balanced microphones by 15-25 dB
- Can be used for preventing the overload in the input by reducing the level of outputs
- Very useful to prevent overload while using high sound-pressure level applications.
9. ART CLEANBox Pro Dual Channel Level Converter
This is sound equipment that helps you organize your home to become a professional recording studio at in any time. You can use this one during your podcasting and broadcasting time with your home studio as well. Especially this CleanBoxPro is compatible with most the other sound equipment such as mixers, audio processors, laptop computers, power monitors, and many more.
- Connector type: XLR connector for balanced inputs and outputs
- Can be used for podcasting and broadcasting
- Compatible with Mixers, audio processors, laptops, computers, CD/DVD players, video gaming machines, MP3 players/recorders, powered monitors, and digital audio workstations
10. Dual Transformer Lsolator Hum Eliminator denoiser Noise canceller
This model offers a dual 6.35 and XLR card for use as input or output. Users can convert and distribute both input and output to each other as well. Its circuit equips with a co-gound and non-co-ground switch that enable you to isolate the difference between the 2 systems.
- Input and output impedance: 600 Q (ac impedance)
- Frequency response: 20hz – 20xhz
- Best use with large-scale outdoor event performance, lightning protection, sound engineering, multimedia conferences, etc…
You might also want to check: Advanced Electric Guitar
So this is our list of the ten best adjustable in-line attenuators. Don’t forget to choose the right one for you!